Effective date: 01 July 2021
We collect, store and use your Personal Information (including name, job title, business telephone number and business e-mail address) for the following purposes:
- To provide a service requested by you
We use your Personal Information to ensure accuracy in responding to requests for services, consultations, product information and/or other information or material relating to ALTER, where you have requested to receive these. To process your order and manage your account.
- To meet our business needs
The Personal Information we collect is also used by us for internal purposes such as improving our products and promotions and learning about our customers’ needs. To e-mail you with offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- To process applications for job vacancies
We collect and use the Personal Information that you provide through our careers’ pages and/or job application form (including CVs, home address, private contact number, work experience and other personal information submitted in your application) in connection with job vacancies advertised on our Site.
You can visit this Site without revealing much information about yourself. However, our servers automatically log technical data about visitors, for purposes of security, and for use in the analysis of the performance of our Site.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via e-mail.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Sharing Personal Information
In the course of collecting and using the aforementioned Personal Information, we may need to provide your Personal Information to third parties, who provide services to us, for instance to manage our databases or mailings, solely for the purposes of carrying out the collection, storage and use set forth above. In addition, and in that regard, we may need to transfer your Personal Information to countries outside of the European Union, including the United States, and your Personal Information may be used in those countries for the purposes set out in this policy.
When sharing your Personal Information with entities located in countries outside the EEA, UK or Switzerland that do not provide for an equivalent level of data protection, we will put in place contractual guarantees in accordance with applicable data protection law.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Monitoring and tracking our website activities
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information visit allaboutcookies.org
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Tracking – Our company uses these cookies to track and monitor the activities on our website pages. In this way, we gather information about which web pages are used, and which pages are gathering repeat hits so that we can improve our website from time to time for a better user experience.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used and that the Personal Information is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current. However, in some cases we must rely on individual users to provide and maintain accurate Personal Information. You are responsible for making sure that your information is up-to-date and accurate when you provide it to us and where our services offer you the tools to maintain your information. If you would like to review or change the details with which you have supplied us, please contact us.
Links to Other Internet Web Sites
Subject to restrictions under the privacy and data protection laws in force in the EEA and UK, you have the right to request from us access, rectification, erasure, restriction and discontinuance of processing, and portability of your Personal Information and not to be subject to automated individual decision-making. Such requests can be addressed to the contact set out below.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain Personal Information for as long as we are required to do so by applicable law(s), or for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it is processed. We will delete Personal Information when it is no longer needed and, in any case, upon expiration of the maximum storage term set forth in applicable law.
If you think that your concern has not been adequately addressed, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for privacy in your country.ALTER LTD.
152 Stayton Road
Sutton, England SM1 2PU
Registered in England No. 13383949